- Visit your doctor for a check-up to ensure you’re fit for the trip. Make sure to ask your doctor:
- How your planned activities could affect your diabetes and what to do about it.
- To provide prescriptions for your medicines in case you lose them or run out.
- If you’ll need any vaccines.
- To write a letter stating that you have diabetes and why you need your medical supplies.
- Just in case, locate pharmacies and clinics close to where you’re staying.
- Get a medical ID bracelet that states you have diabetes and any other health conditions.
- Get travel insurance in case you miss your flight or need medical care.
- Pack twice as much medicine as you think you’ll need.
- Carry medicines in the pharmacy bottles they came in or ask your pharmacist to print out extra labels you can attach to plastic bags.
- Be sure to pack healthy snacks, like fruit, raw veggies, and nuts.