On the Official #DiscoverEU Facebook group or on Instagram, you can make connections, share travel tips, memories and make friendships. It is a wonderful hub where through comments and reactions you can feel connected. However, do not forget that you always need to be careful when sharing personal information and travel details on social media.
Below, you can find our tips for staying safe, both online and during your travel:
- Keep your family and friends informed about your full itinerary;
- Never share your personal information publicly on social media;
- Post your route when looking for advice, but avoid sharing the exact dates or where you will be staying;
- Do share your wonderful memories and pictures at the end of your travel, but make sure that any personal details (e.g. your passport number, train ticket) are hidden or fully blurred out;
- When communicating with fellow travellers, try to stick to Messenger, Instagram or any other social media, without giving your personal phone number.
Keep discovering the EU and collecting amazing memories, but always remember to be vigilant and stay safe.
You can find more information about how to travel safely and share safely your information online on this FAQ on Staying Safe.